Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Maraschino rbI - thats capital I




I played with Maraschino today - oh my goodness - it doesn't take much for him to get that falling asleep look and become still, head down. And I mean HARDLY anything at all. I have a major job on my hands with that one. Luckily he's not a Complete opposite of Garbo - at least they are both introverts so I am in tune with that side of things.

Treats seem to work well with him to keep him from going too inside himself.



We started with touch this on the 22ft, and then figure 8. We didn't even do circle today. We did instead lots of swinging of the carrot stick and a little bit or porcupine and some driving.

He gets this glazed over look in his eyes like he would fall asleep if nothing else happened. Funny.

You know what else is funny - I can put the halter on and walk away and he follows. That's how sensitive he is (no rope attached to the halter). His head down is going well - a little too well - sometimes he uses it as a head in the sand technique. If it ever stops blowing I might get the tarp out again.

1 comment:

Cilla said...

Ooh you are going to have to take things r e a l l y s l o w l y with M! Sounds like a lot of desensitising is ahead too. Blimey! He is still a baby tho and will get more brave as he matures I have discoverd having seen my friend Sandras horse Bertie mature over the last year.