Once I start not going to the forest it tends to drag out and get this whole new life and energy of it's own. Garbo was not happy (his hip was sore) last time we went in February, so we turned home early and ended the ride. So I had todays ride planned from ages ago - well not the day - but leading up to it - preparing. I had done a little work with Garbo online and a little riding so it was time for a 45 min walk in the forest. I got a little nervous before hand and wondered how my rule of not getting on nervous would play out, but it was all good... let me tell you....
- Garbo trying to hurry Critey along by biting her bum - I got Bronwyn to wave her whip behind her, and at one stage we went ahead - he was so confident - I really do have a new horse on my hands.
- Trying to rush down hills... I used sideways as a distractor so we zig zagged form one side of the track to the other, all the way down. That worked really well... Pat's idea of course but as usual a blimmen good one.
- He sometimes got a bit jiggity so I used a little partial disengagement - as usual awesome result - thanks Linda!!!
- He spooked at something behind him at one point and ran forwards, I wasn't quite balanced enough not to tip back - but I didn't lose my stirrups. And my adrenalin didn't come up either.
- The lead rope part of my hackamore came undone from my saddle without me realising - Garbo kept stopping and pawing and putting his head down - Bronwyn noticed it trailing along the ground - thanks Garbo you are so clever.