Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Winter Mud


Oh I really dislike mud! It's been really wet this winter.... someone told me in May it was going to be - it was hard to believe after a 6 month drought..... but there you go.... of course with the drought the grass was very thin when the rain did come, and of course now we have extra mud!

So - we have been playing a bit in the washbay on the 'little things'.

Yesterday we played head down with Garbo - he's never really been that good at that particular task... he'll put his head down but then snatch it back up after 1 second... so I just kept persisting until he left his head down for a bit longer..... after a while we actually made some progress.... he must have been getting a bit of a headache (or dizzy) with all that up and down.....

Coco and I have been playing can I lift up your feet? He says yes you can on my back feet but no the front is still too scary..... the look on his face now is so much braver than it was 18 months ago....



I actually patted him on the face 4 times this last week, and he didn't move away, and I gave him a hug!! Around his neck... who would have thought I would have been able to do that one day after seeing him arrive shaking like a leaf a year and a half ago?

This is feed time these days....

Coco pokes his head round the corner.... keeping an eye on the herd leader in the next yard... Garbo is watching him too.

Then almost in the door!
Then Garbo snarls at him....

Oh my goodness - I just used up my 1GB of space with blogger that comes for free... 3 years in 1GB - not bad really - anyway - paid a whole $5 to upgrade to 20GB so I'll be here a bit longer yet folks.

No comments: