Sunday, July 18, 2010

Leg work


Sunrise at home this morning.....

After the boys had their spinal alignment on Friday I was instructed to rub compfrey cream into a couple of their muscle dents and also to do some leg stretches with both of their back legs (forward and then up like the letter J backwards)....

Well since my back is a bit sore I decided to use the 12ft line to achieve this today. It worked quite well... Maraschino thought pressure behind the leg meant go forward initially.... but I think we got it in the end.

We did lots more rubbing rope over his head and ears today (from nose to neck)....

Then I just gave them a good brush and put their winter woolies on for the night and fed them their dinner...

3 comments:

KingDuncan said...

That's a beautiful sunrise photo - WOW! Awww, sounds like you had a very successful day with the boys! I bet they looked adorable in their woolies, I also think horses look so cuddly and warm!

Esther

Unknown said...

Hi Esther
Great to see you on here...thanks for the comment... ohhhh it's cold and wet today so they have their extra warm duvet rugs on today!!

Vicki

KingDuncan said...

OOh, it's really hot in NC - was muggy yesterday. During the night is gets chilly! You keep savvy and warm - will visit soon :)

Esther