Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yo Yo threshold

I found a bit of a sticky point today. Garbo couldn't back up through a yard doorway (Quite narrow) with the Yo Yo game (22 ft line) - firstly he just went crooked so he missed it all together. So I sent him into the stall and slowly asked him out but he rushed Zone 2 and 3 through - so with Zone 5 in the doorway I asked him to back up and he hesitated, I asked again, hesitated again, one more time (bigger phase) and he ran backwards as fast as I have ever seen and then snorted!

How interesting!

We played with this some more - first in the wash bay which is a bit wider and not closed in on top so much... then back to the yard...but he did it again - I tried one step at a time both ways, then two.... he did lots of smelling of either side of the entrance.

We went and did some hill therapy for a bit and then I asked him to back through the partly closed gate - he rushed backwards after Zone 5 was through - so we played a bit more (other stuff).

So - we have some stuff to work on there!

No comments: