Monday, August 20, 2007

Transitions online

We went to Royal Oak today - the sun came out - yay. We worked on transitions of the circle. It was very interesting! Being Left Brain Introvert he tends to kick and buck when I ask him for canter above phase 1, so while he was doing this he slipped over in the sand arena and kind of ended up on the rope in the sand....

......to my complete surprise when he got up he kept circling then came into me (I had lost the rope at this stage).

He was pretty puffed by now and his head was down and he was like "you should have seen what happened Mum" puff puff, his face was so expressive he seemed like a little child crying about an accident....

We spent ages just 'talking' and me stroking his head and then I took him for a walk and trot around to see if he was ok and so he didn't stiffen up too much. Then we tried the circle game again just to be sure it now wasn't some scary thing that trips him over!

Before all this happened we tried changes of direction (which worked really well last time) and he was very confused - so I left those for another day after we got one good change.

No comments: