Sunday, August 26, 2007

Play date


Play Date with Scribble!

After Fridays delayed loading from Royal Oak we went out again today. On the way home - same thing - after playing with a young horse for an hour in the round pen, after they left it took me an hour to load him.

I tried all of the following;
  • Yo Yo in
  • Leading in
  • Send in
  • Squeeze past ramp (fine)
  • Squeeze in
  • Played circle game again in round pen and tried again (that worked on Friday)
  • Tried driving from Zone 3 with CS
  • Tried using the clicker
  • Tried showing him carrots in the trailer
  • In the end - much to my disappointment in myself - I pulled him in! I leaned on the rope matching his resistance until he took a step forward - then I released - he weighs 600kgs - took three pulls. Once 3/4's of the way in he just got on as if to say - oh - is that all... and started eating the carrots and munching on hay.
I am not sure how to read him...... but How Interesting!!

Here's a snippet on video - it was basically back to - lets just relax and come in - and me trying to figure him out period....

No comments: