Friday, August 31, 2007

First day with one rope in arena at yard

Today I tried the Pushing Passenger lesson in the arena at the yard where I graze. First time I have ventured out with my one rope and halter where;
  • non Parelli people could see
  • there were distractions like builders and building noises, feed buckets rattling
  • Garbo was on his own turf
I was really pleased with my efforts although I didn't keep at it for very long - the yard suddenly got extremely busy and others were then riding, trailers full of stones going down the drive at 50kmh - all those kinds of things so I called it a day at that and got off and did some ground work.

Then we did some more 'Problem Solving - L2" and worked on injections - used a toothpick to simulate the needle. He shook his neck for a couple of times then he put his head down and towards me and I released. He managed a couple of times also without the shake at all - so really pleased with that.

No comments: