Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hay bales


I had 1.5 hours to play with Maraschino and Garbo and pick up poos and feed the boys today. I started with Garbo and we went out to the soft grass - there isn't alot of room there so we stayed on the 12ft and I got two hay bales and put them side by side so I could work on jumping Garbo over it and then Maraschino - and sideways along it with Garbo.



It didn't take long to get Garbo jumping the bales of hay, as well as pawing them, moving them, going sideways over them lol.

I also played alot with Extreme Friendly with Garbo while he was eating grass (thanks for that tip Jane) and he was great apart from when I approached Zone 1, but after a while he was fine.
I put the camera on his hind end and took a video!


3/4 hour went by so fast!!

Maraschino's turn...



So I had 15 minutes with Maraschino - that was enough - he trotted over the hay bales without even changing the height of his gait! As you can see he wasn't too worried.


I took him up the drive a bit and he was a bit giraffe like (he has't been up there in a while - maybe 6 months).... and got him on the pedastal and also putting his weight on it too.


1 comment:

Twinnie said...

Great to hear what you are up to!
It took me about 12 months to get Cam happy with me playing extreme freindly from Z1 (even with grass, thats when I started to look for everything that would help her..), so sounds like you are doing really well.
Jx