Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Major breakthrough



Coco is such a brave little guy - he has been backing up to us for scratches and getting braver with his front end too. Yesterday we brushed all of them (the big boys tied up and Coco loose) and while the big guys were still tied I played a round a bit more with the halter over Coco's neck (after being on his back no problems) and I timed it so that I would move it and just as he thought about stepping away I would itch under his tummy on his itchy spot - and he would wait.... kept doing this for a while and then put the halter on his nose and held the ends while I itched some more, then let go, itched some more - did that about three times, then did the knot up... he was a little jumpy but not too bad.



So off we went!! We just had a little lead up the paddock, a teeny yo yo and lots of carrots and back for halter off and more scratches (and an apple)....


Today the halter slipped down too far down his nose and he got a bit scared, so I need to make it smaller...

Cool huh!!


2 comments:

Cilla said...

Very very very cool! x

Twinnie said...

Vicki that is just fantastic - WELL DONE!!!

You must be over the moon - take the time it takes etc etc....

I am so pleased for you and Coco - great pics too!!
Jx