Friday, September 21, 2007

Level one assessment filmed

We finished filming my assessment today! It was a nice fine day and I taped off the gate to the arena and off we went. Well we started with saddling without being tied up (loose rope), and then went on to mounting from both sides, dismounting from both sides, and then the 21 minutes Pushing Passenger lesson at trot. Garbo kept doing the same route it was hilarious, down to the dandelions then back to the gate. Everything they say about LB horses needing incentives and being food orientated is so Garbo (and seeing the arena as pointless)!

Well I think it was 20 minutes in the end - but we made it without too many stops in between. He even went into canter a few times (at the same spot each time). That was a first for me - in the rope halter and one rope.

Then we did follow the rail for 2 laps each way and then the emergency dismounts from both sides.

Hopefully I'll pass.

Garbo was pretty knackered after that.

No comments: