Saturday, September 1, 2007

Injections

Well today we did loads.....

Started off in the paddock - on a slope redoing the short range circle game to the left to try and build up his confidence again on the left. Then slowly let him drift out. I tried not to let him come in too much. He seems to be worried about me using >phase one while he is circling (maybe since we started transitions) so comes in before I get a chance to do anything. Anyway - we made some small improvements.

Then I did some driving from zone 3 on both sides - towards this big cow - which came running at us! and Garbo didn't freak out.

Then we did some sideways down the outside of the fence paddock - up and down the hill plus round the corner also - lots of fun...

Then some circle game up and down a bank, with some grass stops (to the left to build confidence) on the circle...

Back at the stable we worked on Solving Problems injections.... with my trusty toothpick I simulated the injection and he was shaking then turning his head towards me and then down... but while I was working on getting rid of the shaking he shook his head and turned towards me real fast and bonked me on the head - now I have a lump on my head.!

I carried on after some ice and the shaking appears to have stopped! He kind of looked at me like OOOPs... when it happened.... the instinct was to slap him for hitting me - but I didn't.... just went OUCH!

So a good day all in all....

No comments: