- With Garbo, (On Line) I can play touch it from Zone 5 on a 45-foot Line using only Phase
- With Garbo, (On Line) I can Figure 8 my horse on a 45-foot Line at the canter with flying lead changes.
- With Garbo, (Freestyle) I can saddle my horse at liberty like a hug, with no negative reactions.
- With Garbo, (Liberty) I can do a Figure-8 at Liberty at a canter with a flying lead change in a large arena or round corral.
- With Garbo, (Liberty) My horse can do a Weave Pattern through cones at the trot and canter with me at least 20’ away.
- With Garbo, (Finesse) My horse has a strong topline and a high neck.
- With Garbo, (Finesse) My horse has most of his weight on the hindquarters when riding Finesse.
- With Garbo, (On Line) I can Figure 8 my horse using 2 reins and driving in Zone 5 at the canter with simple changes.
Friday, December 10, 2010
I had a quick play on Sunday I think it was with Garbo in the round pen. OMG he goes out to the edge now in circle, at liberty, and goes over the poles!
Initially I worked on first three games for a change at Liberty otherwise he just goes off and does a circle lol – and then he offered circle at trot 30ft away over poles and little jump.
Garbo's list of things to do are very hard.....on Parelli Connect...
But it got me thinking about Finesse. SO I decided to put the bridle on with my Parelli reins - first time in 2 years. Not sure why...just decided to.
He was great being bridled... and off we went for a ride around the front lawn and up a bank to the gate where he looked out as if to say "C'mon" - I had left Maraschino in the yard and he was calling out - I normally have him loose when I take Garbo away so we headed back.
He was chewing on the bit quite alot but there was no pulling (from either of us) and I was concentrating on my finesse position. We only walked but it was alongside our house and I could see he looked nice and relaxed and in what you would call a nice beginners dressage position. Yay.