Friday, August 31, 2007

Circles

I took a video today of Garbo and I doing the circle game - trying to get him to go to the left. You would think from looking at it he can't do the circle game at all but he has regressed (like he has never learned it in L1).

Now that I really think about it, it was since he fell over at canter (while kicking out in an upwards transition on 22ft line) and he was really like "help Mum" immediately after that almost like he thought I caused him to fall over. (He got straight back up and continued circling then came in - I was so proud). Since then I would say he has been more and more un-confident about going to the left.
I tried today just being really friendly like my instructor suggested and sending zone 1 and 2....
I tried being softer when he came in today and he did turn in a little straighter and not so much side on. The bring in to the right was still difficult.....
I have also tried going right back to the short range circle game.
Yikes...

No comments: